Powered By Blogger

Thinking spring

It is really too hot to garden today and I was out there , all in black and my summer sandals, but I took a notion to dig anyway! I have a gorgeous little dwarf wine coloured iris that languishes in the  shade and produces one or two blooms each spring-IF I am lucky. We now have a new wee Amelanchier planted on the front lawn with plain old dirt underneath it. Don't really love plain old dirt so I conned my husband into letting me plant underneath it ; ) This morning, I dug up the iris, saved the best rhizomes and replanted them under the wee tree. Should be a pretty sight eventually . Now I need to put some transplant fertilizer on .


The Oyster Catcher background is coming along very nicely. I like the colours and the  textures. I have a big busy day today but will try to post a photo later. I am off to learn everything about my new sewing machine tomorrow- all day! Lots to learn !!

No comments:

Post a Comment