Powered By Blogger

Oyster Catcher update

I am nearing the end of the background embroidery for Oyster Catcher. He is happily appliqued in place now looking for some trouble to get into. I wish I could applique sound. This fellow was one vociferous bird!! His peeweet, peeweet could be heard for miles.

I am still trying to work out whether to add a bit of paint under his feet to ground him a bit more. Since I fastened his feet down , he seems more permanent  but I might like the ground darker. We shall see.

My other concern is how to display him. I may just pillowcase a backing and add a little hanging sleeve. There is almost no actual quilting on this piece but I might add a light layer of batting , just to make it a bit more oomphy!As I have said before, watch this space : )

No comments:

Post a Comment