Powered By Blogger

Wind Inchies

Who has seen the wind? I have ! When we visited Orkney a few years ago we were driving down one of the picturesque lanes edged on both sides by a woven wire fence around fields full of sheep. The sheep had rubbed up against the wires and the wooden posts for a good old scratch and in doing so, had left bits of their wool behind. As the wind blows CONSTANTLY and STRONGLY on Orkney, those chunks of wool stood straight out from the wires at right angles ! I have seen the wind!-or at least what it does on Orkney!

As I am in the middle of a very busy family time, I am not being very productive in the Inchie department so here is my one and only for this week!I am posting this to everyinchiemonday2012.blogspot.com

6 comments:

  1. Looks like the wind-god - and I am thinking of sheepses`wool which we soon will need to warm ourselves again*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever inchie, I love it! Your story did a great job of bringing me there visually, I can see the sheep scritching their itchy spots on the fence posts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect picture of the wind , I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blowing wind. Great inchie.

    ReplyDelete