Powered By Blogger

Reflections on a hot summer


Here you can see the actual boat reflections

..and on this one, you can even see the reflection of the sailor , BUT...
I am posting this piece with some trepidation. A year of so ago, we were down at our local marina on a hot , sunny, clear day with little or no breeze. I fell in love with the reflections of the moored sailboats in the water and shot MANY photos. I decided to try one of my pure reflection photos as an abstract sort of piece . I have been at it for days and am still not totally convinced , although now that it is ready to do the thread painting and maybe some couching, I like it better than I did earlier. I have posted  some of the other photos for you to see. OK, here goes! JUST reflections!
...here is the one I am working from - VERY abstract!
...and here is my take on it - so far.
I will take a chance and post this on needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com because I value your input.

11 comments:

  1. I think that this is a project you should continue to pursue. I like what you've done so far and it's very cool and has a great abstract/literal balance. Two thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be a great series! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have hit on a great idea! different than most and definately and interesting challenge. Makes me wish I had thought of it, but right now, I am mixing up some ideas of my own but I am looking forward to seeing more of the reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your take on the reflection

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like what you've done so far. The colours are so perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful!! Captures that flickering that reflections have. Did you mean for the eye to go to the vertical red line?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You shouldn't doubt it at all! Completely amazing and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's wonderful. Please continue with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg the work is great...the last photo the colours are stunning...keep going you are on the right track

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I really like it! I often post with trepidation. Sometimes when I'm working on a piece, I dislike it but after it is done and sometimes when I haven't seen it for a while, I discover that I love it.
    I really like your color choices with the greener water and the little bit of red top right. What a spectacular photo and beautiful ice!
    You've likely mentioned this before but do you use fusible web?

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely gorgeous. A series of reflections would be so cool.

    ReplyDelete