Powered By Blogger

Ready to quilt

Well, I have sewn and sewn and sewn and all of my little reflection squiggles are now firmly fixed. Time to layer this up and to get quilting. I printed the picture of the quilt top and one of the original photo and they are pretty close. I am not fussed on exactly exact in this case as the whole idea is ephemeral , unreal and abstract. I think I like it better now. We are becoming friends!The jury is out till after the quilting :-)

The original
Quilted interpretation
A lot of licence was taken with the colours but we need drama, after all!

9 comments:

  1. I love it...I think you have captured the ripples of the water and the reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great idea to transform a photo into a quilt, and great execution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is gorgeous!! I have no imagination when it comes to art

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolynn, I love the photo AND your sewing. It is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, Carolynn. Lovely photo and even better quilt! Very interesting project!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete