Powered By Blogger

Ready to quilt number two

I have finished the Lunaria pods now , except for a label. Today, I finished the Honeysuckle berries to the point of layering and quilting. I think I LIKE it! I am calling it Chiaroscuro because of the dramatic spotlighting of the fruits and those few remaining leaves. I am VERY pleased with the fabrics. I finally feel like I have a bit of a stash to choose from now. Hurrah!
This is not trimmed yet, not layered and obviously, not quilted  but to date, I am happy. I still have to figure how I want to put the blossom ends and shiny little highlights on these jewel-like fruits- (remember the photo?) The quilting will really lift it off the page- it says here! I have looked for a finished picture of the Lunaria quilting but seem not to have one so I shall take one after dinner and add it to the post. I like the quilting I did. I sound awfully pleased with myself! Sorry. I am NOT but I am pleased with certain aspects of my work this week so far.

And now, DH is making M'ungry noises so I am off to feed the inner beast!

Here is a bad picture of the finished Lunaria pods. The light was poor so the pictures are kind of dark.Maybe better ones tomorrow in the daylight? This one is crooked too because I was hurrying. Excuses, excuses!


I am posting this to the  needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com.
Have a look at what everyone is working on this week!




13 comments:

  1. Now that looks like the photo I saw when I said the honesty seed pods were red. These ARE red aren't they? Just not Honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply lovely. Can't wait to see it quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the choice of fabrics are perfect! I hate not be able to shop locally for fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing. The fabrics look great. This is my first week of posting with the WIP network. Glad to have found your blog.
    Jo in Niagara

    ReplyDelete
  5. And so you should be pleased with yourself!! It's not bragging! Your work is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is good reason to be pleased with yourself and will your art! I know I couldn't create it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely good reason to be pleased. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job. Colour selection is marvelous! Looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such very interesting pieces...I have art in my body...lol. Love seeing what you do with these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Modesty isn`t always the best policy, especially when your work is breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have every reason to be pleased with yourself, your work is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete