Powered By Blogger

New Hand Dyes

I have been dyeing all of my own fabrics lately but in a sort of hit and miss fashion. I decided the colours I needed for a certain project and tried to dye to order. DUMB idea! Anyway, over the past few days, since finishing the Red Iris ( posted earlier) I have been making a concerted effort to do some serious dyeing in a more orderly manner and to end up with a good variety of colours and values. To that end, I have been ordering dyes from G&S Dyes in Markham, ON and from Pro Chemical and Dye in MA , USA. YUMMY!!!I have some delicious colours now and am having a major ball. Here is some of what I have been doing.
A nice lively dark made with Chocolate, Eggplant and Warm Brown

The darks so far- not TOO dark!

The lights and mediums with an emphasis on greens .

The greens alone.

I am currently working on some new colours . I cannot WAIT to see how they turn out. 
I will post this to the needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com  Drop in there and see what is in progress this week!I will post the new colours when they are finished later tonight. 

9 comments:

  1. Stunning colors! I think I might need to come have a lesson when I finally have some spare time again. I really like the brown-eggplant one -- if I blur my eyes it looks like a Hubble picture of a nebula. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are fabulous! Congratulations. What cotton do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Colors , what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely assortment of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes, so delicious. There is something about dyeing isn't there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooooooooooooooh! Those greens are delicious! Wow. Great assortment. (do you sell - or are these just for you?)

    thanks for linking up!!
    : )
    Monika K.
    Saskatoon

    ReplyDelete