Powered By Blogger

Hearts and Flowers for All

PINK_ Cyclamen, Orchid and Hyacinth

Happy St Valentine's Day ALL! I would send you flowers or take flowers to your door if I knew which door, but in lieu of that, here are some romantic pink ones growing in the sunshine in our house. I hope you will enjoy them as if they were your own!
Tangling again- especially for you.
Here is a heart especially for you. I have not done many Zentangles for a while so I am a tad rusty, but I did it from my heart to say thanks to all of my kind, loyal followers and to wish you all a very happy Valentine's Day, 2013!

DH kindly drove me to Toronto today- the big city. I know now what a country girl I am! Holey molly- what a wild place!! The traffic is horrendous. We drove along the Lakeshore highway looking for a legal left turn to go north into the city and it seemed we were half way to Kingston before we found one. In the end, we DID get where we were going- to G&S Dyes on Dundas Street and I was able to get my chemicals and dyes AND I found that they also carry a wide range of interesting looking fabrics for dyeing and screen printing. Yummy! Must look into that :-) I was so grateful to DH for this huge sacrifice on my behalf ( he does NOT do Toronto !) that I treated him to a Tim's on the way home. He seemed happy, bless him.

Well, Happy Valentine's Day all. This is neither Needle nor Thread but I am posting it anyway to the needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com I wanted to do that because there are so many kind folk there to whom I wish to give hearts and flowers too. Enjoy!!

13 comments:

  1. Nice -I love tangling when I have time

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice of you! ooooo <- hugs for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to that G&S Dye on Dundas a few times, when I happen to be in the big smoke. Very interesting place. So much fun to actually look and feel, instead of perusing the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great valentine! I know my few routes into our little city and try not to get too lost venturing off them! Good for your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy V Day to you and your sweet hubby. The flowers in the window have me hankering...I might just have to buy a small pot when I do my grocery shop this weekend, and then try to keep my kitten from cannibalizing them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Valentines to you too:)

    I live in Toronto and I hate going to the downtown core...specially around Dundas...nightmare traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flowers! Happy Valentine's Day, Mom and Dad! Love you guys a bunch and I hope you have a beautiful day together. (You've got me inspired to try a little zentangling...perhaps once my hands are tired of knitting today I will give it a shot!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Honey!

      BTW! For the people who STILL have not guessed, Paleogirl is our dear Daughter? Check out her blog on the side bar!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the sweet words. I love that heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely zentangle heart. Happpy valentines day for yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the zentangle! I wish I could have come with you to G&S Dyes. I've ordered from them on line but it sure would be fun to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the flowers and the drawing. Great that you had such a lovely day, can't wait to see what wonderful projects you'll make now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carolynn, I knew it at once, but sought for confirmation on Paleogirl's blog. Thank you for the heart - it arrived in full beauty and I regard it as a special present. It is beautiful. I love the miniquilt of the pods of lunaria. The colour is again, oh oh to fall in love with.

    ReplyDelete