Powered By Blogger

Autumn is here today

Well, this was a blustery, chilly, wettish walk this morning. I took these pictures a few days ago when it was sunny and warm . Today, most of these lovely maple leaves are on the ground somewhere. The world here is littered with brilliant leaves and there are acorns, walnuts, beechnuts - or the shells thereof in many places. Squirrels bound and abound with nuts in their smiling little faces, oblivious to the equally oblivious traffic. As a result, little grey and black corpses dot the roadsides. Very sad: (

Not much sewing today, alas. I have some other very mundane things to do instead but will be glad when they are finished up. I have a new bobbin case for my machine and cannot wait to try it. It has a little "pigtail" where thread from the bobbin threads in . This puts a little more tension on the bobbin thread which , theoretically, will make machine embroidery and quilting easier in that the bobbin thread will not be so apt to pull to the top side of the work. I have had very little problem but did have a bobbin case like this for my old machine and it was wonderful. I am NOT a person who likes to mess with my lower tension so this is a real help.

On to the mundane tasks. The sooner I start, the sooner I finish : )

No comments:

Post a Comment