Powered By Blogger

Closeups

We cut the Smoke Bush back yesterday . As I was dumping more trimmings into the tin for collection at the curb, I found these samples of my favourite part of our Smoke Bush. It sometimes makes these stunning little patches of brocade. These two pictures, or at least one of them, will definitely be a little wall quilt some time !
I have started collecting sead head pictures now and look what I found right at our front door !
How stunning is That???

It is plain old Saucer Magnolia . The seed head, which starts off looking like the head of a goose, pale green and fuzzy, has turned into this magnificent structure. This will be a complicated bit of work but REALLY screams to be slightly abstracted and then embellished heavily . I am still lost in the variety of textures!

No comments:

Post a Comment