Powered By Blogger

The dried hydrangeas

This is coming along, but slowly. Both DH and I are REALLY dragging- VERY tired and lacklustre . We have, however, persevered with our respective tasks and here is where I am "at" to date. These are only the ground colours . I am at the "stare at it and change things" stage. It IS fused down but I used Wonder Under so it IS moveable. The little gold centres are only temporary and just pinned in place. Without them, it does not make a lot of sense to the untrained eye, but its Mummy knows what she is looking at.



Here we are to date. The colours are not dead accurate but close.

Now it is time for veins, detailed centres and shadows and highlights. That will be a tedious, slow, picky job but well worth the time . I hope it works for me. I have been "out of it " all week so it has been a tough slog. When I feel that way though, I just think of "happy thoughts" ;-) and that perks me right up!!
Just to remind you. I chose not to use the bright green .
I hope you have all had a good weekend. Ours has been VERY quiet but we have an exciting week coming up so that will be a nice change. Cheerio, all!

5 comments:

  1. The colours are pretty close! You did great work in dyeing. I love those colours by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you just seem to cut pieces of fabric effortlessly...having chosen the fabrics just as effortlessly...and now to stitch!

    Have a great week! I'm going to finish Sunday afternoon with a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem for me with your blog this week. Must have been just a glitch. The colors are absolutely beautiful. I don't do any needlework of any kind but I do admire all these quilts that are popping up on the blogs. This is going to be gorgeous. And you're right about the green. I'll be watching your progress. Hope you will be feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you can get this much work done when you've under the weather, there's no holding you down when you're healthy! it is looking fabulous. Feel better, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still in awe of your process and imagining how you dyed all the shades. It's going to be pretty!

    ReplyDelete