Powered By Blogger

Now I am blushing!!

Goodness me! I am just home from Cambridge ON , having collected my little Bluebells quilt as the show is over now. Imagine my surprise when I was handed the quilt all nicely wrapped AND a big shiny foil gift bag for winning Viewers' Choice!!! How very nice! I thought of sending a thank you to McDougall Cottage, but I realize it is the VIEWERS whom I should thank! Not sure how many of them follow my blog, but for those who do, Thank You so much! I do not do this for prizes or recognition but this feedback IS very nice and VERY much appreciated. Thanks so much, Folks! In case you do not recall which quilt I am on about , here it is....
The "wee " quilt and the big purple rosettes!

And the big purple rosettes all by themselves.
Part of the prize in the shiny gift bag was a little jug of THE best Maple Syrup I have EVER tasted. Deevine. I shall have to dole it out ever so delicately, being a diabetic woman myself :-( I am pretty strong in the self discipline department though so I will be careful . DH will help me too. Anyway, lovely day today, a gorgeous ride in the countryside and we discovered the graves of two of DH's rellies whose death dates we did not have. Good day all round!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations, that is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, two ribbons. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations - so well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice surprise for you. It is a lovely quilt!
    i admire your discipline with your diet. I'm not so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Big time! If I'd been there, I'd have voted in your favour too. Beautiful piece; well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is my vote for you, too, I am so happy with you together. Such a joy and surprise, my hearty congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Carolynn. A well-deserved award for such a beautiful quilt--Congrats!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete