Powered By Blogger

YAY!!!

I rarely make really personal references in my Blog posts , but this is a red letter day! After five years of waiting and putting up with, I have FINALLY gotten my wish - SEVERAL wishes! We had a very bad roof leak years ago and had to rebuild our roof and as a result of the leak, there was nasty damage to our ceiling in the living room . TODAY, our wonderful contractor has come and put new drywall on it , removed the wretched light fixture and is preparing to finish the mudding and sanding, put crown moulding around the edges and paint it for us . Am I an happy camper? You betcha!!
Here is what we had !

Lovely, EH? YUKKK!
And, although messy and not yet finished, here is what we have right now :-D
The floor is covered in gunk, the sofa is dusty, Heaven KNOWS what state the piano will be in but we are making progress!I am VERY excited.

This is a work in progress for sure. No art, but we have this to show for ourselves. I hope I can still post this to WIP Wednesday on the needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com NOPE! Well, anyone who sees this can rejoice with me but the but the WIP Wednesday  crowd is on their own this week . Too bad, just too late. Have a look over at Needle and Thread Network anyway. Always nice stuff there!

4 comments:

  1. I didn't get to post for What's on my worktable either. It has been that kind of week. But woo hoo! I'm feeling your joy! What great big windows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! (And a wee prayer that the piano comes through unscathed!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over to visit anyway:) I love to see renovations...I'm nosy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Glad they got it all fixed up for you. Can't wait to see it in person. So, what color are you going to paint the living room? Wish we were up there right now -- Clay and I could get that painted for you in a flash!

    ReplyDelete