Powered By Blogger

Incarnations

There have been several incarnations on this Poppies Aglow II piece. Here us where I am at the moment.

It has taken all week to get to this stage and there is now a LOT of fiddly, subtle detail to add. 

I do not like the "weight" of most of the background poppies so will use the more mottled section of the fabric I made and cut new poppies from that. Hopefully, they will look a little more ephemeral! Also, I am not sure I have the best colour for the little pods and buds. It looks ok in real life but the camera is not fond of the colour. I may need to make some better bronzy greens. I have moved those background blooms around - A LOT! Don't want to clutter it up too much. 

I think I will post this to the needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com and see who is doing what over there. Have a look and share YOUR works in progress too!

BTW, I have spent this HOTTT day cleaning out and cleaning UP and organizing my laundry room/ dye studio! It is VERY nice and I have made a HUGE bagful of fabric for my old Aunty who quilts for her church. A good day for everyone :-)








9 comments:

  1. Beautiful work!!! I thought that it was a photograph until I read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy you the heat!!! This is gorgeous work and I thank you for sharing your thoughts on the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The light shining through is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I feel like I can reach out and touch your poppies. Love your colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely piece!! we are both working on poppys of a sort

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's fabulous -- but I can see what you're getting at with the background poppies -- especially the two on the top right. The main blossoms are amazing! I so admire your ability to see and interpret florals so wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Elle, you have captured the light shining through the central poppies beautifully! I agree too that the background poppies are a challenge. Maybe you could just leave them out?

    Whatever you decide, this is going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! I like it as it is, but I'm sure whatever you decide will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its soo Gorgeous..Nice Blog..Thanks for sharing it..
    orange media studio

    ReplyDelete