Powered By Blogger

Well, blow me down!!!

I am NOT good at horn tooting or self promotion but I guess I need to share THIS news. I have just learned tonight that I have had a tiny little quilt- 10" x 7" that I submitted to the SAQA travelling quilt show, accepted into the permanent collection of the National Quilt Museum in Paducah KY!!!!! Blown away is putting it mildly! I NEVER expected such an honour- especially for such a tiny piece of work. Anyway, there it is... and HERE it is in case you missed it the first time round.
Poppies Aglow
I am amazed and very honoured. Guess I will post this to the needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com
I am very sick with DH's nasty cold tonight so I have no new work to show. I did do the TV interview today though- drugged to the hilt so I did not sneeze or cough or anything. It went fine I guess but I was REALLY out of it . Hope it was reasonable for anyone who watched it!

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! :-) It's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! It is a really lovely little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beautiful piece! Congradulations....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!!!! What a compliment to your amazing work:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The trouble with being the fifth poster is that all the adjectives are used up! ;^) Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! I'm not sure why you're so shocked. Your work is always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulation! You deserve it. It is a truly wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAHOO!!! Congratulations!!! It's beautiful and a well deserved honor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The honour is completely deserved--your little quilt is just exquisite! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not surprised. Your art is awesome. They know quality. Well deserved.
    Hope you fell better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, OK, I'm slow off the mark. I found out through the SAQA email I got yesterday. Congratulations and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Congratulations. Small Quilt-Big Result!!!! Not to mention that it just happens to be gorgeous as well. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! It may be small but it is mighty! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. congratulations - it is a beautiful little quilt and worthy of such an honour. Hope you are feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations indeed! Such an honour, but well deserved. You do beautiful and amazing work! Hope you get over your cold soon. Where might one see the T.V. intervieuw?

    ReplyDelete