Powered By Blogger

The end and the beginning

Good morning All! It is a brutally HOT , HUMID morning here today. I'm just getting ready to take my three quilts to the Art Gallery of Burlington for the SAQA show, Fibre Content 2018. I submitted and had juried into the show, three quilts- "Ruby Dangles", "Bug Lunch" and "Unloved, That Beech Will Gather Brown". Almost 250 pieces were submitted by 123 artists and 90 pieces were juried into the show, representing 60 artists. I feel fortunate to have had all of my pieces accepted. The show runs from 06 Sept to 16 Sept. Drop in if you are in the vicinity! If I can find pics of my pieces, I'll post them.

The Daylily finished but not signed here- it is now!
This was a lot of work but I learned a TON and know a lot of things I'd do differently another time. I had a hard time with background-
This was just too high and busy so I washed as much of it away as I could and tried THIS...
...and I found this just TOO dark, though it doesn't look badly here.
Eventually, I washed some of the dark away and added three overglazes of yellow to "sunny it up" a bit. Here's the final look-
I like this a lot better. The yellow picked up the glowy centre and it made the greenish pistil more obvious too
I was having a hard time working as I have lost my good lamp in the diningroom where I used to work. I moved to a small table in front of a big northfacing  bay window in the livingroom and it is much better. I searched for , and FOUND a great little compact table easel so now I am SET!
FYI, the easel is called a Ravenna Sketchbox Easel and I found it on Amazon.ca. There are lots of versions of the same thing. LOVE the drawer but DH is going to put a wee knob on it so it is easier to pull out. Other than that, it is FABULOUS and REALLY makes a comfortable place to work.

There we are, Mildred Mitchell, done, dusted and in situ in the window on the easel!

I shall look for pics of the three quilts and post them later but have to get ready to deliver them now. Tirra, all. More later!

Well, I found them. Here are MY quilts and the cover of the catalogue....
Ruby Dangles- it is a bit brighter than it looks here


My Beech Leaves- it is much bigger than Bug Lunch in reality

Bug Lunch
And I got my own, personalised copy of this year's catalogue!!!!!

So there you are! Dates for the show and some of the work. Nice to be a "Cover Girl"!!

Now, I need to make lunch and then shop. The larder is almost bare! Tirra, once again.

4 comments: