Powered By Blogger

Gelli Arts Printing Plate

These things are FUNNN and a great way to rest my finger. No pinchy gripping, just smushing and painting and printing! Great . I have been pulling prints galore, some nice, some not so nice. I will show a few so you can see.
A step too far :-(

Reminds me of frog's eggs.

Love this one...

...and this one. This reminds me of Mediaeval floor tiles.

Pale but possibilities

Too much paint :-(

Makes me think of an Hawaiian Tourist's shirt- GARISH!

I'll add some more around the edges so I can include the top leaf.


Do I like this one?

Possibilities, but needs more detail, maybe embroidered??
As you see, it is coming along but I have a long way to go. Every one I do teaches me something though. My WB could have been better but I was hurrying. In reality, the colours are brighter.

DH has been playing with my serious quilts and has finally found a superb method for photographing them accurately AND getting a white ( or black) background WITHOUT damaging or altering the edges of the quilt, just like SAQA wants. Between lights, WB and Photoshop he has a fool proof method now that is VERY accurate. I am VERY excited!

I will post this to the needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com. I am anxious to see what everyone posts this week. Post something yourself and show us what YOU do.

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty, your gel prints. You could really do something wonderful with them. And I'm interested in your DH's "foolproof" method for photographing your work. Maybe a tut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So let me get this right... they're on cloth? Not paper. I like that bottom one with the leaf - and the pale one as well. In fact I'm impressed with them all. I never do anything remotely like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I confess I have the supplies to do this...using 'regular' gelatin. Yours inspire me...maybe I'll have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for hubby! And double yippee for your prints. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love 'pale but possibilities'. I would free motion all over that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous mono prints - I really REALLY have got to give it a try! so glad you've got the photos sorted out

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just been researching gelli plates....they sound like they have great potential don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an interesting technique; alas, I my experience with paint makes me stay with thread ;). Beautiful. I am curious what you will do with them.

    ReplyDelete