Powered By Blogger

Remembrance

This simple little piece called Red Poppies was made as a sample for a class I am just finishing up teaching. I LOVE poppies of all sorts and in all stages of development. I just got my sample back as the class is almost done now so I thought I would share it with you, as this is November and the time of the year when we make a point of remembering the many sacrifices of our armed forces in pursuit of peace. I don,t have much to say about the piece itself but thought it was fitting for a post for this week on the needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com
Closeup

Another closeup

Lest We Forget

7 comments:

  1. I love poppies too...this is a lovely piece of work:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your interpretation of poppies at least as much as the pattern I've been following for my friend's piece! :-) I have "wild" and "tame" poppies in my gardens every summer and love, love, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed a lovely piece. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly is a very nice piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a brilliant piece of work

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice piece and that border is most effective.

    ReplyDelete